20 January 2010

Welcome to Colorado!

Hello! So, for those of you who arent quite sure what I am up to right now... I am currently in Colorado Springs, CO at the Focus Leadership Institute. I am not yet sure what all God has in store for me while I am here, or even why exactly I am here. But I am very excited about this opportunity and how it is going to help me to become a world-changer wherever I find my in the future!

So, heres what you can expect from my blog this semster: Today during orientation, I found out that we are expected to read about 5000 pages over the next 12 weeks. One word: WHOA. So dont expect anything too lengthy, in depth, or anything like that on a regular basis. However, in our first lecture today, I was very challenged by Dr. Tackett and some of the things he said. So, Ive decided this blog would be a great place for me to post things Ive heard/learned/discovered that are worth sharing and remembering...

1. The Ten Commandments
Why did God give us the Ten Commandments to live by? Is it just some set of rules/guidelines that He set before us so that there is some sense of order in the world? Maybe. But more importantly, the Ten Commandments allow us an opportunity to get a glimpse of the very nature of Christ. Therefore, we must conclude that if we are to aim to live Christ-like lives, then following the Ten Commandments is a great start on how to do that.
So, if God wanted to, could He have instead said that lying is right or murder is right? Could he have reversed the Ten Commandments to make these things okay? When I first heard this question, my immediate answer was, "Of course he could have. God can do anything he wants." However, upon further discussion, I realized how wrong I was. The answer is a clear NO. God could not have done that because those things/characteristics are not part of His nature and who He is.

2. What is eternal life?
Yeah, we've all heard about eternal life and talked about it endlessly... but really. What exactly is it? Can we even wrap our heads around it? I dont know... I am still trying to process all of this discussion in my head. Im sure I'll come back to it again later, but this is what Ive got for now. John 17:3-- And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have have sent. -- This word- know- is more than just a casual friend type thing. This "know" is a deeply intimate relationship with... the type of relationship we should always be striving for in our walk with God.
I'll leave that one there for now... What exactly is eternal life?

More to come!

Grace and Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment