20 April 2010

Go Make A Mess!

Well I just finished up my last final after a very busy week and a half! From Thursday until today we have had 5 different papers due, as well as two finals. Its fun to look back, though, and realize how well prepared I was for that kind of workload. For the past three semesters of my life, I have had class all day, every day AND had two to three assignments due each week. So finally, Im not the one stressing out about a large workload and fussing because "those teachers just don't understand". I suppose youre not really supposed to find joy in others' pain... but I do. Its so exciting, yet so sad all at the same time that everything is drawing to an end. I have made some crazy awesome friends that I am looking forward to keeping in contact with (and, I can visit pretty much any state now and have somewhere free to stay. ha.). However, I am also looking forward to living real life again, because as fun as this has been, I can assure you that it wasn't even close to real life!

I feel like I have learned so much cool stuff and been equipped with so many great leadership tools, but I am ready to share all of that now. I feel prepared and I am eager to pass on what Ive learned to someone else. I guess I feel a little like a bottle of coke right now. I've been shaken to the core this semester and I am just about to the point of erupting like a volcano with all of these tools and things Ive been given. And yes... I will defintely make a mess when I explode (hopefully!). I want to spew out God's love everywhere I go. I want to rock someone's world by permanently impacting the way they relate to God.

I think sometimes we like to try to put God into this nicely wrapped little package and make Him into this God that does things in a nice and neat little manner when He comes into our lives. God can't be contained in a box. In fact, we serve an infinite God who has broken into a finite world! How cool is that?! Furthermore... I hate to break it to ya, but God likes it when we make messes by spewing out His love everywhere we go. He's not like your mom after you spilled a coke all over the brand new carpet. He rejoices in the fact that we are so full of joy that we cant hold it in any longer.

So this isnt what I was going to write about when I started this, but since I have effectively gone off on a crazy tangent, maybe I should stop while Im ahead. Let's be honest, I have no idea if I wrote above even makes sense. But such is life when God gets hold of you, shakes you to the core, and gets you high off of the joy of learning about His nature and His unique design for me and the world I live in.

So dont hold in the love youve been given by God. Go make a mess!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you again soon ! Great post !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that you've had an awesome semester! Can't wait to hear about more of your time there! Love your analogy! Let it spew!!

    ReplyDelete